Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Here's my back story...

I've been though alot and I feel that I've only posted a summary of what happened to me to shape who I am today... This is my story from 2010: So we just got back from Vegas for our 1st anniversary trip in May with friends and Hubby.  I had not been feeling great most of the trip but nothing to be worried about I had cheated a bunch of times on my Gluten free diet while out there so figured it was that reason. Only now I was having Horrible cramps which was odd because I had thought I had my period just before the trip on the 14th of May... But it was a very light period and had LOT of cramping... So Thursday night I'm double over in pain, heating pad, Ibuprofen like candy all night long... I wake the next morning to find that I'm bleeding... Odd... So I decide to take a pregnancy test just to be certain… It's Positive... Now I'm worried... pain, bleeding etc... I call the Dr and they ask me to come in and take a blood test that morning Friday may 28th. Mean while I head into work let them know I’m going for blood test- very casually.. But mind you I am still in pain… Head back to work after I give blood, driving back in forth, in pain and 3 inch heels... yeah that's how I roll... So I get the call from the Dr Office about the blood work not even an hour after I get back. Not only am I pregnant but my levels of HGC was at the “6 week range” at about 1,500 HCG parts per million for you medical term savvy ladies out there.... I'm really pregnant, oh god, And some background on this I had taken a pregnancy test not even 7 days earlier and it was negative... So they ask me to rush to the Dr Office... So I tell my co-worker that I have to go to the Dr for the blood work results... Trying to keep a level head... Knowing that they think its Ectopic and they are probably going to tell me bad news...
So I go pick A., one of my best friends. Talk to my husband let him know but figure no big deal- They are blowing this out of proportion... So we get the Dr. office again for the 2nd time that day for me, also keep in mind I drove myself to a from work and the Dr's office, picked up A. and my pain level at times was a 7 or 8… I am woman hear me roar... They put me in the exam room and star the internal sonogram.. For you girls that don’t know, it’s not like in the movies with the jelly on your belly and the little thingy that rolls around on top all cute…. No it’s a HUGE “joystick/dildo" that she will pass to you and have you place up you @(%^*$ know what to look around… So the Sonogram tec. is looking around, not saying much just keeps snapping shots- seems quite. Now, I’m not a sonogram tec. by ANY stretch but I could tell there was NOTHING to be seen in my uterus and so could my 14 week Prego friend A. who would squeeze my hand every time I saw a blank screen… The Tec. Looked scared. She proceeded to use the thingy on top of my belly to see what she and I suspected a large object in my left fallopian tube and fluid that was built up in my abdomen... As she is doing that I say.. is it odd the my shoulder has pain....She looked at me terrified and said “I need to get a Dr…. Okay? They have to read the results.” Had it been good news I bet she would have told me then. The Dr walks into the room wheeling a laptop and says to me we are going to have to rush you to surgery your right Fallopian tube has ruptured and she is going have to surgically remove it, and I would be transported to the hospital by Ambulance because the “fluid” around my ribs and uterus is blood.. I’m bleeding internally… That when the tears and my irrational emotions started. I guess they were rationalized by the fact I was going into surgery but how could I mourn something I had only the morning to grasp, the pregnancy… I guess that’s what makes me a women, I wanted that Egg to be a baby so badly and to keep my reproductive organs as much in tack as possible. And to give you even more background, my husband and I have been TTC for almost 9 months, we were told that it could take year because I have Endometriosis,  so to have something that we thought would take for every be taken away so quickly… yeah I was sad.
So the EMT paramedics arrive and they pull in to the TINY Sonogram room and I was previously spread eagle on the table… they were nice enough to cover me with the “paper dress” so I wasn’t completely naked… But I looked at the young one that told me that he was going to move me to the stretcher and say “I am naked… and I really don’t want to be…” I say this in between sobs… he smiles and wrapped me in a blanket and turned his head and lifted me on. The ride, this was very odd… I felt like I was inconveniencing the ambulance workers- don’t get me wrong they were very nice they tried to make me comfortable as possible, I know it’s there jobs but the fact that I felt fine enough to drive there, I just thought well why can’t I drive out…myself.. they were probably thinking that same thing.. what could be wrong with her she seems fine... they had to put the O2 mask on- which after my sobs subsided a little I asked them to remove.. I could see the $$ signs on every little thing they did...It's not that I wanted this... don't Judge me!
So they roll me to trauma and They explain everything again while I'm sobbing again - I hate crying in front of people let alone while I'm half naked on a gurney... So Adam makes it there and my mom and M. (Hubby's best bud) happened to be calling Adam right after I told Hubby to come to the hospital.. So M. drove Hubby(Thank GOD!) Adam was sooo strong for me but I could tell he was really shook up... I mean I could barley stop crying and he was just rubbing my hands and back the entire time and kissing me... So they did the surgery removed my fallopian tube and I've now almost completely recovered... I'm still healing mentally... I mean we got pregnant and we were told it would take a lot of time...

1 comment:

  1. oh, i can feel your pain. the worst part about losing a pregnancy for me is the due date (for me, there are 2 of them). if i'd kept my first pregnancy, i'd be due in about a month. if i kept this one, i'd be due in march 2012. instead, i just have these blank meaningless dates that only i understand and want. this whole thing SUCKS. i am so sorry you went through that. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete