The baby was a boy.... yeah that was like a punch to the gut.... and it died due to Trisomy +12, which means that it has 47 chromosomes and not the normal 46 and the extra part of one was on the 12th one. There are many different variations of the Trisomy 12 - there's a p and n but it's straight up Trisomy 12 for me, it means that there would be no possible way for life. Awesome. No idea if this is answer but it feels like it is. There is nothing to be found on this one, everything I find it on Trisomy 13, 18, 21 and 22.... Not the RARE Trisomy 12 that my baby had.... again more awesomeness.
To my Dr. Google Scholars... help... Find me someone that went on to have a normal baby after this shit and had no issues... I need some answers.... we cannot afford genetic counseling - just not for us right now... We are lost... I have almost search to the end of google.. but I want a success story... I need this...
We are testing my blood and hubs blood to see if either is a factor to make this happen... or both.... praying neither... but we shall see.
Dr is also running a bloods panel... hopping that maybe that is the cause of the other misses and this was a fluke..... I could only be so lucky.....
How bittersweet. You were able to get an answer on why this happened, but you lost your little boy. Hoping your blood panel will give you some answers.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I just did karotyping last week. Wish there were more answers and less guessing on this stuff.
I wish I had the answers for you. I have been tested every test under the sun and nothing abnormal. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteReally hoping that this was only a once in a life time event and that you'll be able to get pregnant with a healthy baby soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry this is the answer you got. I hope that you will have a healthy pregnancy soon.... hugs
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, that news must have been so hard to take. I really hope your doctor is able to give you some answers. (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete