Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring and Ovulating

Over the past 3 years my cycle patterns have been irregular this time of year. This is the first year that have not had a chemical pregnancy or started a treatment like IUIs or birth control. This year, nothing has been started or is changing. The miscarriage in November was actually the quickest I’ve ever recovered from one. My cycles were at 36 days to start with. Usually I wait almost 6 weeks or longer for AF to come but it came mid December. I even started bleeding the day of the D&C, which almost never happens. So apparently my body was regulating rather quickly.

This cycle I have been eating right, taking my prenatals/other vitamins and drinking lots of water. I have been 36 day to 34 day cycles since Christmas time, but dropping by a day each month…. I was 33 days this cycle which was a huge relief. When I see a 30- to 31 day cycle – maybe even this cycle - I will know that my body is ready again to try. But we are in the wings “trying” and if my body is ready it will let this happen. This cycle is the last cycle of 2013…. If I get pregnant this cycle I would have a baby this year, the last week in December. By next cycle (May) it would be in 2014… it’s just nuts to think about!

We should be ovulating around the 5th or the 6th of this month. And we have been timing things right this week, and things seem to be point towards a normal ovulation and cycle. So we shall see.

I have always been very excited every year once spring comes. I actually have ways of getting excited about each season. And living in Maine the longest and my least favorite season, winter, tends to be the hardest one to be excited about. But never the less I get excited for Christmas and New years and then after the nothing starts in… from January 2nd to February. I feel like I am just waiting to get through. I do not ski, or really any winter sports. I love to run and running in the winter is not my favorite. I am person whom loves to be warm, feel sun and flip flops… I know I might be in the wrong state. But I love my state. I really do. I’m a Mainer and I guess I can handle it. Maybe that is why I appreciate spring and summer so much. We endure so much to get these 5-6 wonderful months of sun, gardens, ocean and lakes. I cannot wait....

and I would love to say Congrats to the newest future mum on the Block! Ready for My Turn - Love you and those little, little, little ones!!

Cheers to being twitterpated... I leave you with this:
http://youtu.be/JXBbgzQmpJw
Bambi (the movie) about being twitterpated, nothing to do with socail media....

Happy Spring!

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I are planning a trip to Maine and very excited about it. I want to go on the coast and see all of the lighthouses.

    Wishing you luck with ovulation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And let me know if I can help with travle plans!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Ali, I hope hope hope we both get prego and we have our 2013 miracles. Fingers crossed. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid we would go camping in Freeport Maine. I'm an East Coast girl born and bred anyway. Can't wait to move back East.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way!! it's a small world after all! East Coast represent!

      Delete