Monday, October 28, 2013

22 weeks - surreal.


I am 22 weeks as of Saturday, it's all very surreal to me. I have never been in this stage before or able to get this far, I am so humble to the process... I still feel like someone should pinch me.

I am reading about some other blogging mamma's going through some pretty traumatic things and my heart goes out to them. And I read about the women like me over the years are going through the many stages of a miscarriage and coping, it's so hard. And my heart goes out to you ladies. I thinking good thoughts for those that have been having success and need our thoughts and prayers…. Xoxox

As for my path and recording it, I wish I could say that I have take the time to take a photo every week or write every week (right now it’s every 5 weeks - I have one from 10 weeks, 15 weeks and now 20 weeks- I will do in 3 weeks for the 25 week that way I have something!), I wish I could be that person, instead I write when I think of it and or when something really amazing happens, like the first time I felt a kick… I cried. Or when I was driving in the car the other day and burst into tears because of the “Realness”, I am having a baby!!! -decided to present itself when I was driving home from a belly shoot with another mama that has gone through a loss too… those are the moments that I am taking with me each day. They are beautiful, unchangeable and unforgettable… I am so lucky to be here…. Like I said before someone please pinch me?!

I have a belly now, a real baby belly, my little nieces’ and nephews’ are asking if they can touch my belly… it’s the coolest and oddest thing I have been though! I love my belly – it’s really my favorite other thing about pregnancy. I actually love that people ask when I am due…. I think now that I cannot hide it I am really flaunting it! I put Neutrogena oil on my skin each morning when I shower, in the shower and then a little once I get out. Then I dry off and lather in Coconut Cream/sheabutter and or Mama Bee cream – Burts Bee’s cream. No idea if these will prevent or lessens the stretch marks but I smell awesome and my skin is dewy!

I am so happy…. Sigh…. I love this.

Oh and in other news we are FINALLY getting our couch next month and the crib! We have been on a futon couch for months and having been shopping for a while – well I am Ikea bound in 2 weeks weekend! I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy every second and soak it up! I'll be ready for that 25 week belly shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your huge milestone Ali. I am so excited for you and hopefully you will get off the futon earlier than next month! Your back has to be killing you :)

    ReplyDelete