Sew Needles!
I did it, tried acupuncture!
Well it was good, nothing to complain about - there was an odd sensation during the process and I felt like something shot out my finger at one point and the practitioner smiled said that's is good. I told her my story and she listen. I knew she was understanding, she was 35 weeks her self. She said that I should come back every week this next month and I timed it perfectly just before O, and then she said next week after O she will do some other spots and keep the energy flowing. I'm excited to have this, something that just helps me anyways. Something to say I tried!
Sew, I have been trying to find space in my tiny house and it's been hard because the "spare" room is the room we will be putting the you know what in. Well Hubs could see my struggle to make the pillow covers that I need to make for our sofa and dug out a old desk we had in the basement and brought it up to the spare room, set it in front of the window and said "There, now you have a space to sew in"
Sew, I have been able to cut and make a new quilt for all the babies that have been born this year, or about to be born... I want to make one for mine.... But I will. It's just I'm having great ideas - worried that I'll be out. As you maybe can see in the photo, to the left of my sewing machine is my newest quilt, I decided to make it 3D hot air balloon with a little basket - and I'll sew a little teddy for the basket, it's coming along.
These are the pillow covers I finished, the fabric is my favorite but they only had enough for 1 of the pillows so I found another fabric for the other 2 that has green, teal and tan leaved that nicely matched this one. I made them so I can pull them off the pillow with out a zipper or Velcro, it just has a over lay in the back. Pretty proud of myself!
And then there were Pins.....
So...my best friend, someone who has been there for me thick and thin, amazing support. Knows me. Well now I not so sure. She had been involved in this thing called a women's weekend and her crazy SIL was the driving force behind this. Well the SIL is single 30 y.o. and honestly I don't see her finding anyone that can handle her... So my BFF asked me the other day if I would go with her to this women's support group that meets locally. I said sure, I'll try anything once. Well 3 and half hours later I was contemplating hitch hiking home it was so bad. It was and I am going to preface this with, I do not mean to offend anyone or any group- I understand that people do use this "program" for help with relationships and that is good and great if they get something out of it, and are happy- fine but it's not for me... Not at all. So I'm sitting there in this room filled with women who after hearing briefly about their stories about how they got here, I deemed them all "broken"- They had all been through either a divorce or never married. My BFF and I both happily married to our best friends, I might be a little broken with my uterus issues but I'm still happy... I still don't get why she likes this.
So needless to say I don't know what to do.... To I tell her I think it's Cult and slightly crazy. But on the other hand I've read that this can separate best friends because they don't believe what they believe. I just hate this, I dislike that I have been put in a situation to choose... I want my best friend but I also want her to know my concerns.... I'm just worried. I just feel for her. I want her to know I am here. But I have no idea how with out causing issue.



First of all, that pillow is beautiful. Wow you are talented!
ReplyDeleteSecond of all, perhaps you can say it makes you uncomfortable and you'd prefer to spend the time with just her? Maybe she thinks you'll appreciate it because she thinks you might consider yourself "broken" due to infertility. Maybe you tell her that isn't how you see yourself. Uggg, I don't envy you and this situation.
Thanks lady!
Deleteyeah I think that is the best approach, I'm just scared i don't want to lose her because of all of this.... UGH!
Your sewing is gorgeous. I dread dragging out my heavy machine since its all metal. I usually end up sewing by hand.
ReplyDeleteAbout the women's group...not going there.
Thank you! I'm learning. My Old sewing Machine was all cast iron, Kenmore sears brand from my mum, all metal too, then I bought my Brother! It's light and easy and I love it!
DeleteYeah I'm haiving a hard time going there too.... yikes...
I love your sewing! It's so cool that your husband set that sewing area up for you. I'm still working on my hubby, lol!
ReplyDeleteYeah, the women's group sounds... scary? Definitely at least bordering on cult-like. I certainly wouldn't go!