Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Curve Balls....

  Can I just say that I will be so happy not to think about all the little things I do to "make" a baby. For instance, I take my temp daily, I am looking at my CM daily around “that time”, I have sex with my hubby constantly around “that time” (no one is complaining there but still who has time for all that!) I just get obsessed with the worry and these small rituals keep me feeling like I have some small amount of control on the fact that I have gotten nowhere in 20 months of trying… Well I take that back, we have got somewhere it’s, here, in this space between nothing and something… I think something is going to happen soon but I feel like I have nothing to show for it… It’s a lot like Climbing a Mountain every month to find out that you haven’t found the peak and you have to head back down  and try again the next month to only find out that it’s still a little taller then you thought… I think it I do not find the peak soon I will lose it…

  I keep putting myself on this time limit, like this month/cycle is the last possible time to try but I feel like maybe it is.. Why I’m only turning 31… but I had thought I would be prego by 30… now I’m saying goodbye to 30 and not prego… This isn’t my last cycle by any stretch but I guess I just want to get one last thing done before I cross that line into the age I thought I would have completed this great thing… I told my hubby, that’s all I want for my B-day, is to be prego… He said we’ll I do my roll… I said you have to be available and not drinking that week, that mean sex in the AM early and evening… at least once a day… he says yes now but seriously you would think he is the girl because when it comes down to me asking him for sex, he might as well say he has a head ache because it’s usually something like that… I mean what the heck! But this all comes back to the fact he thought I could get prego anytime during the month and not just when I say so… So he might just be better this time… I’ve got T-minus 3 days until I start checking my LH with a Kit I figure why bother wondering I just narrow the window.

Then there is a curve ball…

My Hubby’s Uncle Paul died this Monday morning, we loved him dearly. It still makes me sad thinking about him being gone. He fought Brain Cancer and almost won… but this last year really took a toll on him and his fragile body, he lost the drive to eat or drink and we all knew it would be soon… I am grateful to have known him.  Hence the curve ball, Hubby might need to drive his Mom to Virginia this weekend… right smack dab in the middle of my Ovulation… Or if my count is wrong then he’ll get back just before, I pray that’s the case. I want him to go but I also feel it’s always something that wrecks our timing…. So we shall see if he goes or if I O while he’s gone… I know this sounds corny but I thought if we have a boy his middle name could be Paul… My hubby and I want to have super hero sir names as our babies middles names.. sorry I’m slightly geeky. So I figured that he’s the most “real life super hero” we know, to have survived cancer 4.5 years longer then she should have, the title hero barely does him justice… Super Hero is fitting.

On I go through another work week…ummm... Looks like I might and could go depending on the funeral plans… stay turned, road trip to Virginia could be my weekend…

7 comments:

  1. A few things to remember - (1) people have pregnant all the time at "kind of the right time" and they get pregnant, (2) it only takes ONE sperm, (3) sperm lives up to 5 days.

    With that in mind, have sex the night before he leave (i.e. Friday night) and you ovulate on Saturday or Sunday, that's the perfect time!

    Also, if you have your LH surge over the weekend, the Friday sex will still be perfectly timed, but you won't ovulate for 12-36 hours after the LH surge, so that might take you to right when he's getting back. AND, you're good to go for about 12 hours after you ovulate, I think, so that buys more time. Almost buys the whole weekend, so even if he leaves this weekend, you can still have sex at the "right time." Just stay positive and have fun with it. Have lots of "safe travels, I'll miss you, honey" sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it's funny how you THINK you are going to miss the thing and then you body throws you another curve ball.

    I THOUGHT I would be Oing this weekend and then this week I had noticed a little cramping and then Egg whites... feeling Oing starting.... well I normally have NEVER O-ed before the 15th day... so I would be VERY early at the 10-13th, but weirder things have happened... So I took my temp as I normaly do, and it was way down... So far I've never been able to record the drop before the rise- either because I was up and for got to temp or something throws off my records. But this morning I got up, grabed the temp stick, and didn't move, there it was 97.05 Lowest I've seen, So you know what I did next, thing you do when you need something really badly from your hubby, yup, and that woke him up nicely and we made love... and I could think is how perfect is this timing! I was so happy! Still am, feel like I could do anything...The air this morning smelled crips and clean... I love life! So we are going to do it, do it, do it all week long, well just in case!.... Please this time?!

    And we just found out that they are not going to Virginia, which is hard on Hubby and his mom... So Saturday will be a happy day, we will celebrate his Uncles's life and be with each other.

    When Life throws you curve balls, you got to score a home run I guess!

    I love that you Bike commute to work. I'm a runner who is just getting into Biking, I got a Hybrid this Spring and I'm hooked! I want a Road bike next and cleats... It's good for the sole to bike ride, it just feel great, you know?

    Wish me luck....

    ReplyDelete
  3. (and try again tomorrow and the next day and the next day, just for shits and giggles!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!!!
    Hey, What are you doing up so early!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm an early riser! can't help it.

    i'm also a runner! love to run. am running this relay race this friday / saturday: http://www.hoodtocoast.com/news.php

    3rd year i'm running it. last year, i expected to not be able to run it b/c i (wrongly) assumed i'd be pregnant. this year, i'd HOPED i couldn't run it b/c i'd HOPED to be pregnant. next year maybe i "get" to sit it out. it's a TON of fun, though, and i am looking forward to it. hubby and i run it together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh That looks like it would be really fun we have some really fun races in Maine too. I love those century relays - I've always wanted to do one, we have one close to us called Reach to Beach and then I just ran the 10 K Beach to Beacon: http://www.beach2beacon.org/ It's a pretty historic race too, and then the one I'm looking forward to is next month: Trail to Ale... Who doesn't want Beer and Pizza after a race!: http://www.trails.org/10k-static.html
    So much fun, I love that runners High after a good run or a race... Good luck this weekend!! And Happy running!!

    ReplyDelete