I got my number yesterday and I have a beta of 19! Thank goodness no more Methorexate! I have never been more excited to hear my Beta is heading down...I have 2 more follow up bloods and then I can start the Birthconrol process for the next 3 months, ugh. Sort of relieved that I going to be back to "normal" soon. Glad to see my number going down... and I am starting to feel much better over all. I think I can even get back to running... I need it badly, so out of shape!
One interesting (scary) fact about methorexate is it depletes your body of Folic Acid, that's one of the main reasons that you need to wait and few months to start trying again. I need to build back up my reserve of the Folic Acid to prevent birth defects I've lost from having that injection. Also it can cause inflammation around your "damaged" tube. So I need to heal that tube up good because we are going to need it!!
Another pregnancy on facebook.... I am about to cancel my account. But alas I will keep it and try to be better with people peeing on a stick and posting there "good" news.
So one of my best friends is sick today. She was up all night long... Both ends... Poor girl. She and I became friends because she was my Hubby's Prom date in high school. We met working together when I first moved back to southern Maine and I recognized her from his HS photos! We clicked instantly. She called asking if I could stop by after work and bring her ginger ale. Well Hubby just found out work is cancelled today because of bad weather. So I called him and told him how she was sick and sent him to the rescue! He delivered soooo much to her: Ginger ale, Gatorade, cup o'noodle soup packets, and saltines.... I just love him. He was just as worried as I was when she called asking for help but I couldn't get to her until after 5pm...I didn't think she should have to wait and he was right in the area where she lived! She has no one around - her Finance is over seas as a power plant engineer... She has family but in Middle area of the state about an hour away... He saved the day and checked on her and made sure she knew to call us if she needed anything at all and she could come stay with us until she got better... Really? I married the nicest man.... love him. It's times like these that I cannot wait for him to be a dad...
:) he sounds like such a doll. i'm so glad you married him, too!!
ReplyDeleteyeah for decreasing numbers. i had NO idea that methotrexate depletes folic acid. nobody told me that! my doc told us to start trying right away as soon as i got my period. i guess it did take 6 weeks to get a period, so maybe that's why - enough time to get back on the folic acid train.
He is pretty amazing... glad we have some great guys!
DeleteFinally going down - never thought I'd say that again!... Hoping thursday again we are seeing under 6!