Thursday, November 29, 2012

Arcuate sloped Uterus with multi focal adenomyosis

In other words, congratulations, you have a normal-ish uterus which should be capable to sustaining life.... awesome then why am I not...!?

What is it?
Adenomyosis- adeno- (meaning gland), myo- (meaning muscle), and -osis (meaning condition). Previously named as endometriosis interna, adenomyosis actually differs from endometriosis and these two disease entities are found together in only 10% of the cases 
- And I have both....awesome love 10%...
Causes-
The cause of adenomyosis is unknown, although it has been associated with any sort of uterine trauma that may break the barrier between the endometrium and myometrium, such as a caesarean section, tubal ligation, pregnancy termination, and any pregnancy. It can be linked with endometriosis.[5]
Some say that the reason adenomyosis is common in women between the ages of 35 and 50 is because it is between these ages that women have an excess of estrogen (Estrogen Dominance). Near the age of 35, women typically cease to create as much natural progesterone, which counters the effects of estrogen. After the age of 50, due to menopause, women do not create as much estrogen.
 the rest of the treatment and suggestions are here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenomyosis

Arcuate uterus-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcuate_uterus
Nothing to see here but there is no connection with this type of uterus and losses... awesome again!


This means no septum, no surgery which is good but that does make up for the fact that I am no able to keep anything in that capable space.... clearly... I meet with the Dr still to talk about these results Monday.

So that happen yesterday... I was a bit of a blubbering mess yesterday, my co-worker who now know how many losses we are up to openly and know how hard I actually have had a go at this, know now too because I could not hold back the tears about the bad news, nothing wrong with you.... The all tried to help me see the bright side, which sort of was sweet but made me cry harder.... Yeah the bright side is not visible yet.... Let you know when I see it coming...

Today I am better but I need answers. I have to have them.

I am going to request the full enchilada of test... All of them, I need that at least, drain me of my blood, do them all....

Also I'm sick of hearing: "It will happen when you least expect it....."  my response: "F.U."


5 comments:

  1. It definitely doesn't happen when your least expecting and btw how does an infertile least expect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. I have endometriosis with adenomyosis too. I blame it for the loss of all five of my babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the eff... man, it sounds like this "diagnosis" isn't really helping to figure out exactly why you keep having losses. Or am I missing something? Have you done all the genetic/chromosome testing? Done the fancy tests for your lining composition? I agree -- order anything/everything to be done NOW, so you don't have to keep going through this. Your next BFP should be a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear surgery is not necessary but I can imagine how frustrating it is not to know what is going wrong. I do hope they can get to the bottom of it for you with the next set of tests.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's certainly a lot to deal with, but I'm glad you're seeking answers. I hope this will lead to a resolution for you and a brighter future. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete